Strange Loop 2012

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:13:42 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:39 AM, bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:

> "Wolfe-Graph.pdf":

I read this one on the plane today. Clojure does make for some elegant code.
I think it's doable in D, with the usual metaprogramming suspects.

> "LaucherSnively-TypesVsTests.pdf":
>
> This pack compares strong static typing against writing unittests. What is
> the best of the two? The expected answer is that they are two different
> things, they help the programmer on different things, so they are both
> useful.

I read this one too (similar tastes or did you read them all?). I
admit being a bit disappointed by the wishy-washy conclusion. I use
both types and unit tests (in D!), but I'm more a static typing guy
myself.