alias A = B; syntax

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Oct 16 14:30:24 PDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 18:32:01 +0200
"Era Scarecrow" <rtcvb32 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> alias SomeChar = char;
> alias SomeShort = short;
> alias SomeInt = int;
> alias SomeUInt = uint;
> alias SomeLong = long;
> alias SomeFloat = float;
> alias SomeDouble = double;
> uint  MaybeBroken = nutmeg;
> const SomeChar FavoriateLanguage = 'D';
> const SomeShort universeAndEverything = 42;
> const SomeInt hundredThousand = 100_000;
> const SomeUInt million = SomeInt * 10;
> const SomeLong largeNumber = SomeUInt * SomeUInt;
> const SomeFloat pi = 3.14;
> const SomeDouble pi2 = pi*pi;
> const MaybeBroken maybe= 2;

Actually, that's the reason I've always preferred the idea of "alias
NewSym = OldSym;"

Well, that and because with the current syntax I always have to stop
and think "Ok, was it 'New then Old' or 'Old then New'?" I do know it's
"alias OldSym NewSym;", but I always have to stop and think about it
first. I even had to stop and think about it writing that sentence!