Account on ARM/Debian

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Wed Oct 17 08:24:44 PDT 2012

Am Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:56:58 +0200
schrieb "mist" <none at none.none>:

> "not at that stage" means there are some probability-based issues
> with codegen or some major blocker that prevents from even
> trying? I'd really like to try some kind of proof-of-concept
> GDC/ARM kernel-level stuff.

Issue 120 was the biggest blocker for now. The fix still isn't merged
yet (my fault, I'll try to finish it this week). All other bugs which
happen on ARM, but not on x86(32 bit) are filed in the gdc bug
tracker( http://gdcproject.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?list_id=78&resolution=---&query_format=advanced&rep_platform=ARM&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&component=gdc&product=GDC
).
Some are just bugs in the compiler test suite.
#10 is a real issue but it should be an issue on x86 as well.
#8 is the evaluation order problem that has been discussed on the NG. I
guess it'll take some time till this is finished, but usually it
shouldn't cause problems.
#7 is an optimizer/codegen bug and needs further investigation.

But all in all, the compiler is in a good shape. Phobos / Druntime are
completely untested though (we can't run the unittests with GDC right
now, IIRC)