Account on ARM/Debian

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Wed Oct 17 09:37:51 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 17 October 2012 at 16:24:44 UTC, Joseph Rushton
Wakeling wrote:
> Just to note, even if you're building from source it's handy to
> have a "stable release" branch alongside the latest dev.

Well, that depends on your definition of stable. LDC Git master
is supposed always pass the CI tests, i.e. the DMD, druntime and
Phobos test suites.

A possible extension of that would be to have a separate
»stable« Git branch which is automatically advanced along with
master by the CI system whenever a given revision passes all the
tests. If somebody wants to set up a system like this, I'd be
happy to officially adopt it.

But in my experience, anything more than that, i.e. declaring
revisions stable based on criteria which can't be evaluated by an
automatic test suite, is not worth it, at least for smallish
projects like LDC. Judging whether a given state is stable by
hand is notoriously hard to get right, and the reason we have
beta phases before releases, etc.

David