D seems interesting, but...

Marco Leise Marco.Leise at gmx.de
Fri Oct 19 00:05:27 PDT 2012

Am Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:32:25 +0200
schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:

> On 2012-10-16 09:04, 1100110 wrote:
>
> > OK. Install dvm using directions on bitbucket.
> >
> > dvm install -l
> > (no output)
> > dvm list
> > No installed D compilers
> >
> > Thats it.  No errors, I'll make a issue in a bit.
>
> The -l flag seems to be horrible broken. Can you try "dvm install 2.060".

Ok now that everyone is bashing I can jump in, too. I tried a
few commands and they all failed with bugs already listed in
the bug tracker. no kidding. :D

--- "dvm list": An unknown error occurred:
tango.core.Exception.VfsException: FileFolder.open :: path does not exist: /home/marco/.dvm/compilers

--- "dvm -l install":
zsh: segmentation fault  ./dvm-0.4.0-linux-64 -l install

--- "dvm install dmd-2.060":
Fetching: http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.dmd-2.060.zip
An unknown error occurred:
tango.core.Exception.IOException: The resource with URL "http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.dmd-2.060.zip" could not be found.

--- "dvm install 2.060":
Fetching: http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.060.zip

Installing: dmd-2.060
An unknown error occurred:
tango.core.Exception.IOException: /home/marco/.dvm/bin/dmd-2.060 :: No such file or directory

At this point I stopped, because I was too scared.

--
Marco