D seems interesting, but...

Era Scarecrow rtcvb32 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 13:11:38 PDT 2012

On Monday, 15 October 2012 at 14:29:42 UTC, foobar wrote:

> Java has the correct DRY solution - each class can define a
> static main method but the compiler only uses the one specified
> by a compiler switch.
> The above basically asks the programmer to endlessly repeat the
> same trivial implementation boilerplate that should be written
> just once _in_ the compiler.

  I remember this. I remember scratching my head and asking why,
but then realizing that likely 99% of the time it's never called,
so I started using it to build and do unittests (without Junit).

  Curiously. I'm suddenly reminded of a test suite I made for a
company for Visual Basic. It was years ago and a nice little test
suite; I really wish I had a copy.