New std.process?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat Oct 20 14:52:38 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 18:56:01 UTC, Alex Rønne
Petersen wrote:
> Yes. My bad. :)

I figured you had invented time travel… ;)

In all seriousness, I would also love to see the std.process
rewrite in the next release, as I have been several times in
situations now where I wanted to use D to write a little tool,
but could not due to its basically non-existent support for
handling child processes.

Oh, and could somebody please post a link to the latest version
of the new std.process draft? I will probably add cross-platform
support for constraining execution time and resource (RAM,
mostly) usage, but there is no point in reimplementing it if it's
already there.

David