New std.process?

Denis Shelomovskij verylonglogin.reg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 10:36:32 PDT 2012

21.10.2012 1:52, David Nadlinger пишет:
> On Saturday, 20 October 2012 at 18:56:01 UTC, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> Oh, and could somebody please post a link to the latest version of the
> new std.process draft? I will probably add cross-platform support for
> constraining execution time and resource (RAM, mostly) usage, but there
> is no point in reimplementing it if it's already there.
>
> David

Probably original discussion with links:
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/The_new_std.process_163694.html

Links from that thread:
* std.process overhaul:
https://github.com/kyllingstad/phobos/commits/new-std-process
* druntime changes:
https://github.com/schveiguy/druntime/commits/new-std-process

Probably nobody needs it, but:
For Win32 solution (Win64 in future) one can use
https://github.com/denis-sh/hooking
project that implement some process manipulation functionality (consider
hooking.windows.* modules). It's almost undocumented but its source is
obvious and it works.

For non-hooking needs, hooking.windows.process is basically a tiny
WinAPI wrapper (with exceptions like e.g. Process.getThreadIds that use
nasty Nt* stuff which is the only way to obtain process threads AFAIK).

If somebody needs it, feel free to send bugreports and feature-requests
like: ".NET's System.Diagnostics.Process can it, implement it, now!".

And yes, 'phobos-additions' project is also required to compile and
coffimplib-ed Windows SDK's psapi.lib is required to link.

--
Денис В. Шеломовский
Denis V. Shelomovskij