[RFC] ColorD

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 16:16:38 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 23 October 2012 at 23:07:18 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> try, esp. if you're dealing with Unix terminals, which are many
> and varied, and have all sorts of idiosyncrasies that make it a
> pain to write a generic library that works for everything.

Does anybody really care about everything? Unix has de-facto
standardized on vt100 emulators, and among them, there's only a
few variants I'd care about: xterm, rxvt, gnu screen, putty, and
the linux console.

The differences are now brought way down to size, and we can use
some of the more interesting extensions without worrying about
lowest common denominator dragging us down.

And then doing Windows (or DOS) is pretty easy to match and
perhaps exceed it.