Why D is annoying =P

Mehrdad wfunction at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:37:16 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 24 October 2012 at 19:32:08 UTC, Mehrdad wrote:
> Yeah, and my attempts to get around it don't seem to help:
>
> 	auto a = [1:1], b = [1:1];
> 	writeln(a == b);       // true
> 	writeln(a in [a:0]);   // null

Harsh (but true, and perhaps useful) feedback...
I feel like this is a *perfect* example of the kinds of things
that turn people off of D.

I don't know what to expect code like this to do (unlike in C++,
where everything is clearly defined in the specs), and when it
seems to do what I want, it really turns out to be a bug in the
library that it seemed to work in the first place. :(