[just talk] what if implicitly typed literals were disallowed

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:40:19 PDT 2012

BTW, bearophile, we've talked about runtime overflow checks
before. I'm generally against them, but if we had user defined
basic types, we could implement them in the library (already
possible, though some important optimization opportunities are
missed on it right now which is a potential practical problem).

But then we could make all ints use the special overflow checked
type too by changing a line in druntime.