Why D is annoying =P

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Oct 24 19:21:43 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 04:08:21AM +0200, Era Scarecrow wrote:
[...]
> I'll just hope my data processing won't require anything that's
> broken or going to be depreciated, I've already dropped using
> std.stream for ranges instead. Dropping classes in favor of structs.

Huh? Why would you drop classes in favor of structs? They are used for
two different purposes. Classes are for when you need polymorphism:
inheritance, overloading, interfaces, all the trappings of OO
programming. Structs are for when you need value types that doesn't need
OO-style manipulations. Not the same thing.

One Word to write them all, One Access to find them, One Excel to count them all, And thus to Windows bind them. -- Mike Champion