Very simple SIMD programming

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Oct 25 04:13:20 PDT 2012

Manu:

> I think this is far more convenient than any crazy 'if' syntax
> :) .. It's
> also perfectly optimal on all architectures I know aswell!

You should show more respect for them and their work. Their ideas
seem very far from being crazy. They have also proved their type
system to be sound. This kind of work is lightyears ahead of the
usual sloppy designs you see in D features, where design holes
are found only years later, when sometimes it's too much late to
fix them :-)

That if syntax (that is integrated in a type system that manages
the masks, plus implicit polymorphism that allows the same
function to be used both in a vectorized or scalar context) works
with larger amounts of code too, while you are just doing a
differential assignment.

Bye,
bearophile