Uri class and parser

Mike van Dongen dlang at mikevandongen.nl
Thu Oct 25 06:20:47 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 24 October 2012 at 12:47:15 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe
wrote:
> BTW don't forget that this is legal:
>
> ?value&value=1&value=2
>
> The appropriate type for the AA is
>
> string[][string]

Thanks for the type! It's now implemented.

uri = Uri.parse("http://dlang.org/?value&value=1&value=2");
assert(uri.queryMulti == ["value": ["", "1", "2"]]);
assert(uri.query["value"] == "2");

On Thursday, 25 October 2012 at 11:44:11 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> Awesome, now it's only missing documentation :)

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it ;)
I have commented all code that's not straightforward, but nothing
for the Ddoc.

Can you give me an example of how specific I need to be in the
documentation?

On Wednesday, 24 October 2012 at 19:54:54 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
wrote:
> On 2012-10-24 20:22, Mike van Dongen wrote:
>> As all my code is part of a single class and the file
>> std/uri.d already
>> existed, I decided to 'just' append my code to the file.
>> Should I
>> perhaps put it in another file as the private methods you
>> mentioned are
>> not relevant to my code?
>
> If the some methods aren't used by the URI parser you should
> remove the. If they're used I would suggested you move the
> further down in the code, possibly at the bottom.

It's not clear to me what you mean by this.
To clarify: the first 520 lines weren't written by me, and the
code I have written doesn't use any of those functions.
Atleast, for now; Moving the functions 'encode' and 'decode' into
the class Uri may be useful at a later point.

As I'm the new kid on the block, I'm trying not to break others'
code. ;)