[RFC] ColorD

Jens Mueller jens.k.mueller at gmx.de
Thu Oct 25 15:27:38 PDT 2012

Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/22/2012 3:55 AM, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:> On 10/22/12 9:47
> AM, Jens Mueller wrote:
> >> This is probably interesting for Phobos. But I'm not the one to make a
> >> decision. The core Phobos developers should decide.
> >> Hopefully somebody is reading this.
> >
> > Off the top of my head something that is specific for only certain systems
> > (Unixen in this case) is decidedly of less Phobos interest. We could,
> > nevertheless, put such functionality in system-specific modules.
>
> A module that only sets the console color is a little too light to
> be a phobos entry.
>
> A more comprehensive module that included:
>
> 1. getting mouse input

Anybody an idea how to this on Linux?

> 2. getting size of the console

This is easy if you just mean the number of lines and columns.

> 3. moving the cursor around

This also assuming you just want something like, move 10 lines up, 3
lines right etc.

> 4. drawing boxes in the console window

Should this be done by moving the cursor and inserting characters such
that you have a box in the end?

> 5. setting the contents of the title bar

The title bar of what?

> 6. supporting cut/paste

Don't know how to do this? Anybody a starting point?

> 7. getting no-echo raw input

Tried this but couldn't make it work yet. This is useful for passwords
prompts, right?

> 8. setting the size of the cursor

The size of the cursor? Why should I want to change its size?

Jens