dlang.org slow?

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Sat Oct 27 02:46:42 PDT 2012

On Friday, 26 October 2012 at 22:59:41 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> On Friday, 26 October 2012 at 15:17:34 UTC, Maxim Fomin wrote:
>> Fully conform. The server replies to slow: sometimes it open
>> reference pages quickly, sometimes with considerable and
>> inappropriate delay.
>>
>> Forum also doesn't work quite well always. By some reason its
>> splits topics, like this one. Some time ago it could go hang
>> in endless loop while posting messages. Now the situation is
>> better - data is transferred to the server but delay is also
>> inappropriate long.
>
> The problem is still happening. Very slow at times, but also
> fast at other times. I was also noticing a number of topics are
> being broken up into spearate topics with same title.

This is probably not a forum.dlang.org bug, but a consequence of
people using a broken client to reply which doesn't correctly set
the threading-related headers.

Still, it might be a good idea to look into heuristics to detect
such mishaps, as it definitely looks very odd on the web
interface.

David