To avoid some linking errors

Faux Amis faux at amis.com
Mon Oct 29 15:02:45 PDT 2012

On 29/10/2012 22:34, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 10/29/2012 1:19 PM, Brad Roberts wrote:
>  > There's another angle to this:
>  >
>  > 1) It's been stated more than once that one of the goals for D is to
>  > achieve a user base of over 1 million users.
>  >
>  > 2) I assert that there aren't more than 1 million programmers with the
>  > level of expertise and experience required to understand what happens
>  > during compilation to a sufficient degree that they feel comfortable
> with
>  > the tool chains that D (and c and c++) have today.
>  >
>  > Conclusion, the tool chains must get more user friendly.
>

> Stroustrup estimates "more than 3 million" C++ users in 2004.
>
> http://www.stroustrup.com/bs_faq.html#number-of-C++-users
>
> There are probably more than that many C users.

In 2004 C++ was on the top of its game.
http://www.tiobe.com/content/paperinfo/tpci/C__.html

But, I also think 1 million is on the low side. It is probably closer to
5 (third=C,C++,alike of 15) million, excluding the "feel comfortable"
part of course.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/453880/how-many-developers-are-there-in-the-world

I also wanted to say some thing about expectations and reasons to switch..