Why D is annoying =P

Rob T rob at ucora.com
Tue Oct 30 00:37:47 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, 30 October 2012 at 07:22:30 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Tuesday, October 30, 2012 08:14:59 Rob T wrote:
>> > TDPL clearly states that each of the struct's members are
>> > supposed to
>> > be checked for equality (see section 7.1.5.2, p. 258 - 259).
>>
>> So I guess that the POD definition of struct was changed at
>> some
>> point?
>
> Structs never were just PODs in D. They have _way_ more
> capabilities to them
> than that.

I do understand what you are saying, however the docs in here
describe structs as POD's, with the capabilities you mention.
http://dlang.org/glossary.html#pod

> If you want bitwise comparison, then use the is operator.
> That's what it's
> for.

Where can I find an up-to-date language reference? What I'm
reading does not seem to be up to date or complete. For example,
I never saw mention of the "is" operator until now.

--rt