To avoid some linking errors

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Tue Oct 30 07:48:18 PDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 12:22:15PM +0100, deadalnix wrote:
> Le 28/10/2012 21:59, Walter Bright a écrit :
> >On 10/28/2012 1:34 PM, deadalnix wrote:
> >>As Andrei stated, the linker's native language is encrypted klingon.
> >
> >It baffles me that programmers would find "undefined symbol" hard to
> >make sense of.
>
> Undefined symbol is the clear part of the message.
>
> The mangled madness that follow that is supposed to help finding
> what symbol we are dealing with is the unclear part.
>
> Not to mention ddemangle is unable to demangle many D mangling.

Yeah, what's up with that? I looked briefly at the code, and there's a
comment that says that it only demangles a certain subset of symbols
because the others are "useless" when it comes to ABI's, or something
like that. I have no idea what that means and why it matters. What's
wrong with demangle() demangling *everything*? Isn't that what it's
supposed to be doing anyway?

The early bird gets the worm. Moral: ewww...