Trouble creating a formatted assert wrapper

Chris Nicholson-Sauls ibisbasenji at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:48:49 PDT 2012

On Monday, 3 September 2012 at 11:17:39 UTC, Chris
Nicholson-Sauls wrote:
> 1) Empty array stands in for empty variadic. [snip]
>
> In reality, though, we have neither of these things. [snip]

Turns out, I was quite wrong, and I'm happy to be.  Empty array
is accepted for typesafe variadics just fine ... I'm not sure now
why I thought otherwise.

Of course, our tangent is really sort of moot, since the brackets
would be required for any pattern with a suffix matching the
optional arguments anyhow, at which point there's little point in
having the variadic argument.  I reiterate my impression that
magical __FILE__ and __LINE__ should be provided by some other
means.