scope for array parameters

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 4 14:42:33 PDT 2012

Jonathan M Davis:

> Once scope is properly enforced, then optimizing based on it
> would be great, but until it is, it's a _bad_ idea.

Today we use "in" often for function arguments, and it implies
"scope". Surely some of those programs use the arguments wrongly,
this means they probably sometime escape. So are those programs
someday going to become compilation errors? For the "-property"
and for the arguments of delegate/function pointers the idea of
turning some code currently used in errors is failing...
Such things need to be implemented early in a language.

Bye,
bearophile