scope for array parameters

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Tue Sep 4 15:24:27 PDT 2012

On Tuesday, September 04, 2012 23:57:24 Peter Alexander wrote:
> It's very unfortunate because it puts us in a lose-lose
> situations where we can't fix the language without breaking
> people's code. I think the best course of action is to fix these
> things as soon as possible and get the problem out of the way.

Indeed. The same goes for stuff like deprecating things that we've long said
was going to be deprecated but hasn't yet been deprecated (e.g. delete). Lots
of code is going to break when it happens, and the longer that we wait, the
worse it's going to be. But until someone takes the time to fix it (and Walter
is constantly busy on other things), it's not going to happen, which is
obviously a big problem.

- Jonathan M Davis