Building LDC from source

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Wed Sep 5 11:38:25 PDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-09-05 at 20:12 +0200, David Nadlinger wrote:
[…]
> Do you get any CMake error messages? Just running cmake/ccmake in
> the root directory should be quite well-tested on various Linux
> distros, OS X, and Windows, so I'm somewhat surprised to hear
> that…

Initial problem appears to be that there is no clean target despite the
dopcumentation. Then I found I didn't have libconfig++ installed but the
build wasn't telling me that. Now I actually get some activity, but no
clean. ldc2 builds to 43MB of file, but then the build fails for some
reason to do with not finding druntime.

Builds really should work out of the box :-(
--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk