Building LDC from source

jerro a at a.com
Wed Sep 5 18:07:57 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 6 September 2012 at 00:56:39 UTC, Russel Winder
wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-09-06 at 02:30 +0200, jerro wrote:
>> > reason to do with not finding druntime.
>>
>> You probably didn't do
>>
>> git submodule init; git submodule update
>
> Probably not, will try it now.
>
>> So it doesn't find druntime because there is no druntime :D.
>> There are build instructions on the LDC github wiki that
>> always worked for me on Debian Wheezy.
>
> Any idea why -j9? It seems very specific and is only really
> going to
> help on a 10 processor/core or more system.

I don't know, but I assume that whoever wrote the instructions
was using a machine with 8 cores. Using n + 1 (where n is the
number of cores) threads with make is supposed to be faster than
using n threads. At least that's what people say. I have only
tested this once and it turned out to be true in that case but
that hardly proves it.