Would like to see ref and out required for function calls

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Fri Sep 7 08:08:09 PDT 2012

On Friday, September 07, 2012 13:34:02 Kevin McTaggart wrote:
> I look forward to seeing feedback from D experts.  This is the
> only significant change that I could think of recommending for
> the language.

Regardless of the pros and cons of requiring explicit ref and out, it would
break a lot of code if we started requiring it, so I don't think that there's
any chance of such a change being made at this point. If/When we create D3
(which is years off), it could be discussed and possibly changed then, but I
think that it's clearly too large a change for D2 at this point.

- Jonathan M Davis