LDC

Don Clugston dac at nospam.com
Thu Sep 13 07:40:55 PDT 2012

On 05/09/12 20:12, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2012-09-05 14:32, Piotr Szturmaj wrote:
>> angel wrote:
>>> Check out LDC web-page ...
>>> In github we see they're up to date - merging 2.060
>>
>> What's the status of SEH on Windows?
>
> It's not looking good, at least not for 32bit. Borland has some kind of
> patent on something related to SEH. Due to this, the LLVM/Clang
> developers won't implement SEH for Windows.

That sounds paranoid to me. I believe the patent is essentially a
workaround for the absence of thread-local variables on 16-bit Windows.

In D we have working thread-local variables even on Windows versions
that don't support them, thanks to Rainer's brilliant work. Which gives
very many ways of implementing exception handling on Windows.