std.lifetime?

Simen Kjaeraas simen.kjaras at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 06:56:45 PDT 2012

On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 17:09:15 +0200, Nick Treleaven
<ntrel-public at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> The following existing symbols might benefit from being moved to a
> std.lifetime module, with aliases replacing their existing symbols:
>
> std.container.make
> std.conv.emplace
> std.typecons.scoped
> std.typecons.RefCounted
> std.algorithm.initializeAll
>
> Collecting these similar items together should make it easier for
> newcomers to find them.
>
> Thoughts?

It's no well-kept secret that std.typecons is a jumble of functionality,
and probably the worst in Phobos (which is not very good as a whole).

I am absolutely in favor of gathering this functionality in one,
sensible, place, and think std.lifetime sounds reasonable.

--
Simen