Would like to see ref and out required for function calls

F i L witte2008 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 15:52:09 PDT 2012

On Friday, 14 September 2012 at 22:20:16 UTC, Manuel wrote:
> On Friday, 14 September 2012 at 06:55:00 UTC, F i L wrote:
>> On Thursday, 13 September 2012 at 22:21:34 UTC, ixid wrote:
>>> Couldn't this easily be supported by an IDE by coloured
>>> function arguments based on their type? Then the information
>>> is clearly visible without cluttering the code.
>>
>> no because... wait... that... that could work.
>
> Ok. Then ... who is writing this IDE ?

I'm just saying it's a solution that doesn't require adding a
breaking feature to D. I know MonoDevelop has the ability to
color user-types and such, maybe eventually Alex will be able to
add such a feature.

If the compiler developers can't or won't add 'foo(ref x)'
semantics to the compiler, then this is really the only option
left available that gives the same level of insight to developers
that C# does.