References in D

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Sep 17 04:07:36 PDT 2012

On Monday, September 17, 2012 13:00:15 deadalnix wrote:
> Don't take this wrong, I do know that this is a major breakage, and
> would arm the language if applied in any short term manner. Still,
> acknowledging error that have been made is usefull.

Not everyone agrees that an error _was_ made. There's a big difference between
acknoweldging that non-nullable references could be useful and agreeing that
having nullable references be the default was a bad idea. I very much that it
will _ever_ happen that non-nullable references would be the default
(certainly, it will _not_ happen in D2), even if they were added.

- Jonathan M Davis