totally satisfied :D

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Mon Sep 17 05:36:26 PDT 2012

On Monday, September 17, 2012 14:21:45 David Nadlinger wrote:
> I used a completely fresh browser session and was connected via
> my university network, so unless Google does a really worrying
> amount of tracking…

If you're logged in, it'll use that, and it'll probably use your IP, but if
you weren't logged in, and your IP wasn't one that you'd had before, then
unless they're tracking via cookies, then I wouldn't expect them to be
tracking you. It's actually possible to do a fairly good job of tracking you
if you have javascript and/or flash enabled, because they can get at the list
of fonts and whatnot on your computer, making you rather unique very quickly
unless you have a _very_ standard setup (there was a paper about it not too
long ago that got referenced on slashdot), but I wouldn't expect them to be
going to all of that trouble. So, it sounds like it's fairly likely that
dlange.org is starting to be the winning hit for searching the letter D, which
is a good thing.

- Jonathan M Davis