References in D

Russel Winder russel at winder.org.uk
Mon Sep 17 06:43:58 PDT 2012

On Mon, 2012-09-17 at 09:12 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 9/17/12 6:52 AM, deadalnix wrote:
> >> Regardless, the solution at this point is going to be to add
> >> std.typecons.NonNullable. It would be in there already, but the pull
> >> request
> >> with it needed more work, and it hasn't been resubmitted yet.
> >>

> > I don't think this is implementable as a lib in a satisfying way.
>
> It is, but it needs just a bit of language support in constructors.
> Walter never got around to it.

Somewhat hypocritically as I cannot volunteer myself just now… just
because Walter didn't get round to it, doesn't mean it can't be done.
People who want the feature should find a way of creating the resource
to make it happen. Four ways: volunteer to do the work themselves; club
together to raise the cash to contract someone to do the work; get an
organization to stump up a person to do the work; get an organization or
seven to stump up cash to contract someone to do the work. There is
nothing quite like providing a pull request to get things moving ;-)

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk