[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 18:15:33 PDT 2012

On 9/18/12, Andrej Mitrovic <andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/18/12, Nick Sabalausky <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
>> Heh. One thing I've learned about myself: I love to complain :) I don't
>> like having things *to* complain about, but when I do...
>
> I love reading posts like these. Here's a recent one:
> http://www.hanselman.com/blog/EverythingsBrokenAndNobodysUpset.aspx

Btw who on earth develops set top box software? Granted I've only used
two so far (since I switched ISPs and my triple-play service
recently), but the software on it is such incredible garbage. How do
they manage to create software for a specific device, while knowing
all of its characteristics, that lags like hell? I'd really like to
see the source code for that. How many cycles could they possibly
waste to blit a pre-designed bitmap on the screen (like the main
menu)?