[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 18 00:48:09 PDT 2012

On 9/17/2012 10:29 PM, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> LOL... I agree with the sentiment. My dad has a pair of Apple II's from
> the 80's, and they still work. He does his accounts on them sometimes.
> Compared to a 3-year-old PC of today, which is probably already dying a
> horrible death of HD failures, fan failures, CPU overheating, software
> breakages that's gotten it into a state that requires reformatting and
> reinstalling to fix. Apparently, this is the crowning achievement of 3
> decades of software development.

?? I don't have such problems with my computers, and I tend to run them for 5
years before upgrading. The HD failure rate is about the same as in the 80's. Of
course, we no longer have to deal with floppies that get corrupted often.

The most common failure I've had are the power supplies, they're still as bad
today as in the 80's.