[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 18 01:10:07 PDT 2012

On 9/18/2012 12:37 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
> Heh, actually, my 10-year-old 32-bit single-core XP desktop is still
> going strong,

I upgraded to a 6 core 64 bit machine. It really does improve the usability of
my computer.

My laptop is probably 8 years old, but I keep it for travel use. It does
presentations just fine, and nobody would find it worth stealing. And if it
breaks or I lose it, I won't miss it.

All I've done to it is replace the drive with an SSD. Unfortunately, XP doesn't
do well with SSDs, and it's as slow as the old HD. At least it's much quieter
than the whining HD.