[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 18 02:15:08 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:03:03 +0200
"renoX" <renozyx at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not very good rant,
> you write:
> > They have imagined a "phone", where being able to answer the
> > call is completely by luck if the phone has been in your pocket
> > when the call arrived! Chances are, you will touch something on
> > the "smart" screen and reject the call by some random reason
>
> I have the *same issue* with a non-tactile phone:

I assume you mean non-touchscreen? The iPhone and Androids are as
non-tactile as it gets, which is one of the biggest things I hate about
them.

> when the phone
> is activated, quite often the keys will be pressed randomly and
> create something unwanted.
>
> Worse sometimes the phone will unlock itself while in my pocket,
> something that I think is more rare for touch phones.
>
> How do you suggest to fix this issue?

- "Clamshell" flip-phone.

- A proper physical switch for lock/unlock. The one on the Toshiba
  Gigabeat F (admittedly a music player, not a phone) works flawlessly.