[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 05:53:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 05:15:08 -0400, Nick Sabalausky
<SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:

>> when the phone
>> is activated, quite often the keys will be pressed randomly and
>> create something unwanted.
>>
>> Worse sometimes the phone will unlock itself while in my pocket,
>> something that I think is more rare for touch phones.
>>
>> How do you suggest to fix this issue?
>>

> - "Clamshell" flip-phone.
>
> - A proper physical switch for lock/unlock. The one on the Toshiba
>   Gigabeat F (admittedly a music player, not a phone) works flawlessly.

iPhone has a lock switch.  It's on the top.  You push it, and the phone is
locked.  I'm pretty sure almost all android phones have this feature as
well.

I never ever ever accidentally call someone when the phone is in my
pocket, because it gets locked when I'm done with it.  In fact, I never
accidentally do *anything* on my iPhone.  Never happened with my
flip-phone either, but certainly the capacitive touch screen has not
reintroduced that problem for those who are willing to learn how to use
them.

These rants are absolutely hilarious.  It's like saying you hate
calculators because you can't slide the buttons like on your abacus.

-Steve