[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Tue Sep 18 06:21:38 PDT 2012

> I never ever ever accidentally call someone when the phone is in my
> pocket, because it gets locked when I'm done with it. In fact, I never
> accidentally do *anything* on my iPhone. Never happened with my
> flip-phone either, but certainly the capacitive touch screen has not
> reintroduced that problem for those who are willing to learn how to use
> them.

Yes!

> These rants are absolutely hilarious. It's like saying you hate
> calculators because you can't slide the buttons like on your abacus.

I thought I'm alone in thinking so. To me these rants are eery - I can't
recognize in them one single problem I've actually experienced. I do
recognize the frustration though - some systems are indeed designed with
next to no regard for usability design. Last time I've seen that was on
a Delta flight. If the UI designer optimized for something, it must have
been the maximization of the number of key presses for doing anything.

Andrei