[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Sep 18 13:09:39 PDT 2012

On 9/18/2012 2:08 AM, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>> Install headers and a cherry-bomb exhaust,
> Heh, I don't even know what those are :P

Watch "Bullitt".

> Yea, so was I, but then I discovered that that we're basically trading
> one set of problems for another, especially with video. Casettes suck,
> and I'm glad to be done with them, but with discs:

My car stereo takes a USB stick. I specifically picked that model for that
reason. CDs in the car suck.

> Some fantastic 80's shows off the top of my head:
>
> - Soap
> - Hunter
> - Magnum PI
> - Remington Steele
> - Miami Vice

I loved MV in the 80's. It was on netflix, so I started watching it. It was
*horrible*! Awful. Cringeworthy.

> - MacGyver
> - Cheers
> - Golden Girls (ok, minus the occasional "After School Special" scenes)
> - Married With Children (the first two or three seasons were in the
>    80's)

I do like MwC. Cheers - awful. The rest I never watched.

There's nothing, nothing remotely as good as Breaking Bad.

> I once heard someone say the 70's were the hangover from the 60's.
> That's how I feel about the 80's and 90's:
>
> - Torn jeans? Awesome. Sagging? GTFO.
> - Spandex/leather? Sweet. Flanel? Blech.

I love my flannel. Nothing like it on a cool Seattle day!

> - Flock of Seagulls? Radical. Combover? What is this, "Leave it
>    to Beaver"?

I meant the hairstyles for women! My "hairstyle" is a buzz cut.