[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 18 13:59:11 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:25:00 -0700
"H. S. Teoh" <hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx> wrote:

> Heh. Reminds me of my UPS... I bought it to protect my very expensive
> PSU from power surges/failures, but guess what? The PSU is still
> running and the UPS has been dead for 4 years. :-P

One thing I learned, the batteries in those things (just like any
battery) won't last forever. You're supposed to replace the battery
in it roughly every 2 years (IIRC). Personally I find it worth it. I'd
never run my desktop without a UPS again - just one random power
flicker and the whole thing reboots no matter what I'm in the middle
of? I can't be having that. Every time our power fluctuates I'm thinking
"Phew, I'm *so* glad I have that UPS, otherwise this thing would be
rebooting right now."