[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 18 14:30:57 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 13:09:39 -0700
Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> > Yea, so was I, but then I discovered that that we're basically
> > trading one set of problems for another, especially with video.
> > Casettes suck, and I'm glad to be done with them, but with discs:
>
> My car stereo takes a USB stick. I specifically picked that model for
> that reason.

I've already decided, next time I look, I'll be looking for a 1/8" Aux
input jack (which does seem to be pretty common now).

> CDs in the car suck.

I'm not a fan of CDs anymore anyway. Too much disc swapping. Plus poor
durability. I've got a 40GB HDD-based portable music player, and I'll
*never* go back to anything less (I do want to upgrade the HDD
though...and get a new battery, which is gonna be difficult...).

Being able to have all (or in my case: "most") of your music in one
place is just something you never want to give up once you get used to
it.

> > Some fantastic 80's shows off the top of my head:
> >
> > - Soap
> > - Hunter
> > - Magnum PI
> > - Remington Steele
> > - Miami Vice
>
> I loved MV in the 80's. It was on netflix, so I started watching it.
> It was *horrible*! Awful. Cringeworthy.

I've heard that the third and fourth seasons went downhill. I saw the
whole first season just about a year ago and loved it.

> Cheers - awful.

Really? That's just weird!

> There's nothing, nothing remotely as good as Breaking Bad.

Not familiar with it.