[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Nick Sabalausky SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com
Tue Sep 18 22:41:28 PDT 2012

On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 20:32:29 -0700
Sean Kelly <sean at invisibleduck.org> wrote:

> On Sep 18, 2012, at 3:50 PM, Nick Sabalausky
> <SeeWebsiteToContactMe at semitwist.com> wrote:
>

> > Actually, music over bluetooth? Wouldn't even an FM transmitter be
> > better quality? (Well, unless you have one of those newer antennas
> > that can't be retracted.) Bluetooth has *really* bad bandwidth.
>
> Bluetooth 3.0 HR does something like 25 Mbit/s. The trick is finding
> a car stereo that supports the high bitrate for audio. I agree with
> you about the phone support, but it's because the mic is shoddy
> rather than anything about Bluetooth. I don't use the phone setup in
> my car very often for that reason.  With noise reduction turned on I
> just sound like I'm under water, and with it off it's just noisy in
> general. My car doesn't offer a very quiet ride though, to be fair.

I guess my bluetooth info's pretty out-of-date. When I think "bluetooth
audio" I still think "Wii remote speaker". Granted, that's a terrible
"speaker" period (I usually have it muted), but my understanding was
that the bandwidth couldn't have really driven anything much better...at
least at the time, I guess.