[OT] Was: totally satisfied :D

Paulo Pinto pjmlp at progtools.org
Wed Sep 19 04:22:23 PDT 2012

On Wednesday, 19 September 2012 at 10:53:40 UTC, Jonathan M Davis
wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 19, 2012 11:45:42 Paulo Pinto wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 18 September 2012 at 05:26:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh
>> wrote:
>> > On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 12:35:45AM -0400, Nick Sabalausky
>> > wrote:
>> > [...]
>> > Yet for whatever reason corporate types just love WebEx.
>> > Every
>> > meeting
>> > and cow-orker's son's birthday party is on WebEx. Ugh.
>> > Nowadays
>> > I just
>> > resort to looking over the cow-orker's shoulders when
>> > reviewing
>> > WebEx
>> > videos instead of defiling my PC with that crap.
>>
>> I am a corporate guy that loves WebEx.
>>
>> If you ever went through the amount of failed attempts in the
>> corporate world starting with NetMeeting, Sametime and a couple
>> of others I already forgot, in the last decade, you can only
>> love
>> how easy and stable it is to use WebEx conferences.
>
> We've taken to using google hangout where I work. It's by no
> means perfect,
> but it's far easier to setup and deal with than WebEx. There
> may be worse
> things than WebEx, but I'd just as soon never have to deal with
> it again. To
> each their own though, I suppose.
>
> - Jonathan M Davis

I have yet not tried.

In most places where I worked, they only allow such type of tools
when you can have some control over the servers where it is
hosted.

You know the typical bureaucratic from multi-national companies
in the corporate world. :(

--
Paulo