Reference semantic ranges and algorithms (and std.random)

Jonathan M Davis jmdavisProg at gmx.com
Thu Sep 20 04:11:22 PDT 2012

On Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:57:03 monarch_dodra wrote:
> BTW: std.container also has MakeContainter, but, AFAIK, I've
> never seen ANYONE use it :/

What std.container has is make, which is supposed to construct a type where it
goes by default (classes on the heap with new, and structs on the stack). The
idea is definitely useful, and I have a pull request to improve upon it:

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/756

But I don't think that I've ever seen anyone use std.container.make either.
The new version will be more useful though (particularly, since it'll work on
more than just structs and classes).

- Jonathan M Davis