Extending unittests [proposal] [Proof Of Concept]

Jesse Phillips Jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:27:00 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 20 September 2012 at 16:52:40 UTC, Johannes Pfau
wrote:

> Sample output:
> Testing generated/linux/debug/32/unittest/std/array
> std/array.d:86          SUCCESS
> std/array.d:145         SUCCESS
> std/array.d:183         SUCCESS
> std/array.d:200         SUCCESS
> std/array.d:231         SUCCESS
> std/array.d:252         SUCCESS
> std/array.d:317         SUCCESS
>
> The perfect solution:
> Would allow user defined attributes on tests, so you could name
> them,
> assign categories, etc. But till we have those user defined
> attributes,
> this seems to be a good solution.

I didn't read everything in your post, where does the FAILURE
show up. If it is intermixed with the SUCCESS, then I could see
that as a problem.

While I can't say I've hated/liked the lack of output for
unittest success, I believe my feeling would be the same with
this.