LDC blacklisted in Ubuntu

David Nadlinger see at klickverbot.at
Thu Sep 20 14:06:39 PDT 2012

On Thursday, 20 September 2012 at 20:07:56 UTC, Jonas Drewsen
wrote:
> I've done some debs before and might be able to find some time
> to do it depending on how complex the package is.
>
> I haven't tried LDC before though. Can you provide some info on
> how to get started with the LDC building/packaging?

This would be great!

The build process really shouldn't be more complicated than
fetching sources and submodules from
https://github.com/ldc-developers/ldc, running CMake and then
"make install". See the README for a short description and a link
to a longer one.

Packaging shouldn't really be any more difficult than that
either, as we are using a pretty standard build system and have
no exotic dependencies. Here are the Fedora and Arch package
sources, maybe they are helpful:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/ldc
https://projects.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/tree/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/ldc

David