Review of Andrei's std.benchmark

Tove tove at fransson.se
Fri Sep 21 02:46:40 PDT 2012

On Friday, 21 September 2012 at 04:44:58 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> Andrei Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org>  wrote:
> My claim is unremarkable. All I'm saying is the minimum running
> time of an algorithm on a given input is a stable and
> indicative proxy for the behavior of the algorithm in general.
> So it's a good target for optimization.

I reached the same conclusion and use the same method at work.

Considering min will converge towards a stable value quite
quickly... would it not be a reasonable default to auto detect
when the min is stable with some degree of statistical
certainty...?