Extending unittests [proposal] [Proof Of Concept]

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Fri Sep 21 04:31:48 PDT 2012

Am Fri, 21 Sep 2012 11:11:49 +0200
schrieb Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com>:

> On 2012-09-20 21:11, Johannes Pfau wrote:
>
> > Oh right, I thought that interface was more restrictive. So the only
> > changes necessary in druntime are to adapt to the new compiler
> > interface.
> >
> > The new dmd code is still necessary, as it allows to access
> > all unittests of a module individually. The current code only
> > provides one function for all unittests in a module.
>
> Yes, exactly. There where some additional data, like file and module
> name as well in your compiler changes?

The modulename can already be obtained from the moduleinfo. My proposal
adds fileName and line information for every unittest. It's also
prepared for unittest names: The name information is passed to the
runtime, but currently it's always an empty string.

It could also allow to mark unittests as @disable, if we wanted that.

Here's the dmd pull request
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dmd/pull/1131

For user code, druntime changes are more interesting:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/druntime/issues/308

Custom test runner: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/046ed6fb
Sample unittests: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/517b1088
Output: http://dpaste.dzfl.pl/2780939b