Review of Andrei's std.benchmark

David Piepgrass qwertie256 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 14:36:14 PDT 2012

>> Some random comments about std.benchmark based on its
>> documentation:
>>
>> - It is very strange that the documentation of printBenchmarks
>> uses neither of the words "average" or "minimum", and doesn't
>> say how many trials are done....
>
> Because all of those are irrelevant and confusing.

Huh? It's not nearly as confusing as reading the documentation
and not having the faintest idea what it will do. The way the
benchmarker works is somehow 'irrelevant'? The documentation
doesn't even indicate that the functions are to be run more than
once!!

> I don't think that's a good idea.

I have never seen you make such vague arguments, Andrei.