It's always something

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 02:55:20 PDT 2012

On 9/22/12, Walter Bright <newshound2 at digitalmars.com> wrote:
> Win64 exception

Maybe unrelated but I've read this recently (WindowProc):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms633573%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It says: "However, if your application runs on a 64-bit version of
Windows operating system or WOW64, you should be aware that a 64-bit
operating system handles uncaught exceptions differently based on its
64-bit processor architecture, exception architecture, and calling
convention. The following table.."

Apparently there's a hotfix for some x64 exception issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976038

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2631452/64bit-exceptions-in-wndproc-silently-fail

We've been discussing recently in D.learn whether WndProc needs to be
nothrow. The exceptions are propagated back to WinMain on x32 but
maybe on x64 it needs to be nothrow to avoid x64 issues.