2.060 deb package on Linux Mint 13

Jordi Sayol g.sayol at yahoo.es
Sun Sep 23 07:03:28 PDT 2012

Al 23/09/12 07:38, En/na Jason Spencer ha escrit:
> Though Mint 13 is very similar to ubuntu 12, I cannot seem to get the deb package to install.  I get dependency errors on gcc, gcc-mulitlib, and xdg-utils.  apt-get assures me these are all the latest version.  Still, dpkg won't install dmd2.

LinuxMint do not only uses the same Debian/Ubuntu packaging system (apt), it even uses the Ubuntu's repositories.

"dpkg" command do not install dependencies, and "apt-get" command do not install local deb packages.

There is a tool that install local deb packages, including its dependencies: gdebi
$ sudo apt-get install gdebi

to install dmd2 on LinuxMint:
$ sudo gdebi dmd_2.060-0_amd64.deb

If you get some problem with the installed (but still not configured) dmd deb package, remove it first:
$ sudo dpkg -P dmd

Best regards,
--
Jordi Sayol